Welcome to DISC!
The Design and Innovation Strategy Club at Haas is a student group focused on all things design, design thinking, and innovation. We are a community for people who want to experience and explore creativity and empathy.
- To instill empathy
- To inspire and practice creativity
- To foster diversity
- Community: Create a space for Haas students and alumni to engage with others from diverse backgrounds, at Berkeley and beyond
- Skills: Equip Haas students with a design thinking toolkit and an understanding of how and when to apply it
- Experience: Expose Haas students to situations that challenge their views and require new ways of thinking and doing
- Careers: Help students understand and achieve what they want to do by enabling personal interactions with practitioners from great companies
- Fun and Failure: Bring laughter and fearlessness to serious work.
- We are curious and constructive (in questioning the status quo)
- We are informed and respectful (demonstrating confidence without attitude)
- We are adaptive (as student always)
- We are community- and open-minded (beyond ourselves)
Some events planned for 2014-2015 school year:
- Innovation Challenge with Specialized Bikes and IDEO
- Art Museum Party
- Happy Hours
- Design and Innovation Career Panels
- Design and Innovation Speaker Series
- Drawing Workshop
- Visual Communication Workshops
and much more!