- 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM : Networking and Pizza.
- 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM : Talk by Lewis and Q&A from the audience
Interested in Product Management? Want to learn how to prepare for the interview and succeed? Want to know the best tips and tricks?
Then come meet Lewis Lin who will speak about his book, Decode and Conquer, the world's first book focused exclusively on product management (PM) interview preparation. Lewis has over 10 years of product management experience and has worked at companies such as Google and Microsoft.
During the talk, Lewis will share answers to some of the most important PM interview questions, give an overview of the most commonly used frameworks for product design, and of course explain what are some of the biggest mistakes candidates make during the interview.
Come learn and demystify the PM interview! Pizza and soda will be provided.
Detailed Description of the Event
How would you answer these tough product management interview questions?
- Design a new iPad app for Google Spreadsheet.
- Brainstorm as many algorithms as possible for recommending Twitter followers.
- You're the CEO of the Yellow Cab taxi service. How do you respond to Uber?
- You're part of the Google Search web spam team. How would you detect duplicate websites?
- The billboard industry is under monetized. How can Google create a new product or offering to address this?
Lewis C. Lin will discuss his book on product management interview preparation: Decode and Conquer. His talk will be followed by a Q&A. During the Q&A, he'll answer questions from the audience including:
- What is the role of a PM?
- What skills are required?
- How to land a PM job?
- Best tips and tricks for interviews
After the talk, Lin will be available to sign books, where you can also purchase his book.
SPECIAL BOOK OFFER
Lewis will be doing a book signing and HTC is working on making the limited number of books available during the event at a discounted price of $10. The amazon price of the book is $26.99
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Lewis C. Lin is the founder and CEO of Impact Interview. He has over 10 years of experience in the career management industry. Lewis first began in 1999, when he started JobReviews.com, a career and workplace community. It featured company, salary, and interview reviews. He sold the company to Job.com in 2001.
Lewis also has over 11 years of experience in Product Management and Business Development, having worked at Google, Microsoft and Citi. Prior to founding Impact Interview; he was Microsoft’s Director of Product Management and Marketing. With an MBA from Kellogg School of Management, Lewis has published two books: Rise Above the Noise: How to Stand Out at the Marketing Interview and Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews.
C420 - Wells Fargo Room
2220 Piedmont Ave, Berkeley, CA 94720, United States