Registration is now closed (this event already took place).
Questions about skirts, jackets and heels are often actually questions about confidence, belonging and establishing oneself in a new career. WIL and CMG are happy to announce their sponsorship of a three-part event (keynote, panel, and happy hour) with the goals of education, community and confidence-building.
Update: we're excited to announce our keynote speaker and panelists!
- Mary Going will give our keynote talk on purchasing suits and having them tailored. Mary is possibly the world's expert on suiting specifically for lesbians and transmen, and her recently-shuttered startup, Saint Harridan, has been profiled in outlets like The New York Times and the podcast "Startup." Mary will talk about:
- Indicators of quality in a suit (fabric, stitching, etc.)
- Options that exist for tailoring a suit (darting, hemming, etc.)
- How to talk to a tailor to get exactly what you want
- How tailoring can help fit all body types
- Jennifer Bridge, Sr Director of Employee Relations at CMG, will share the good, the bad and the ugly feedback she's heard from employers and interviewers over the years
- Shilpa Shah, Co-Founder of Cuyana and Haas alumna, will share her philosophy on wardrobe-building and intentional purchases of quality items
- Margaret Yang, Sr Buyer for Gap Online and Haas alumna, will provide insight from her work experience across startups and corporations and talk about how you can find the very best of off-the-rack
File Attachments: QSQ Invite.pdf
Wells Fargo Room
2220 Piedmont Ave., Berkeley, CA 94720, United States
Contact the organizers